Sunday, January 22, 2012

100+ miles for the year to date

A solid 44-mile week propelled me to well over 100 miles for the year to date, on target for about 140 for the month.  Not a bad start considering that I am still battling with plantar fasciitis in the left foot.  I am stretching more and have been using arch support inserts (Super Feet) for the last week or so.  Used to run with them regularly a few years ago, don't know why I ever stopped.

100 Days of weight loss day 31:  try to figure out if you are not hungry, a little bit hungry, very hungry or famished, before you eat something.  Most of the time it is best to have something to eat within about 20 to 30 minutes of feeling the first real signs of hunger such as a growling stomach.

I have been trying out my new Nikon 'toy' camera, an AW-100 which is supposed to be waterproof up to 10 meters (33 feet).  Mostly I just want to use it on my daily runs to document some things along the way and - when training with the Striders - get a few candid shots for a slide presentation at the end of the year.

Here are a few which I took today:
A new house in our neighborhood; somehow I think the rock look is a bit overdone


The county authorities have spent several million dollars upgrading this area along Buffalo Bayou where it intersects with Rummel Creek.  So far it has not alleviated flooding, in fact it made it worse


Some pretty flowers in our townhouse complex garden






1 comment:

Kenley said...

Very nice Pics. Awesome on the 100 miles YTD. I think you beat me by about 90 or so? lol. I agree, the stone is a little over the top. Looks nice though. Better than other things I guess. Thanks for the hunger tips. Take care.