Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Steady as she goes

Even after just a little more than a week, I am starting to feel a difference.  Body fat percentage is down to 20% and my pants are a little less tight around the middle. Maybe I won't have to go back to the tailor to have them all taken out again... Perish the thought.

Day 9 on the program is about what you want in terms of feedback/support from others.  I guess most people are reluctant to comment on potentially touchy subject such as body weight, but it is the rare person who does not feel good when complimented on weight loss.  Assuming that there is an ongoing relationship of some kind, such as being family, friends or running buddies. Of course us runners can rarely be too skinny: and I'm not referring to just the super elite athletes either.   I am sure if you look around in your own running group, you'll notice that the perennial age group winners, the 'runners of the year', the Boston qualifiers etc have several things in common.  They love running, they log more miles than the rest of us and they don't carry a lot of extra blubber around.


Weight this morning:  170
Body fat percentage: 20% 

Dec 19:

6 mile run with Leopold and Lewis along the Bayou.  They love chasing rabbits - it gets hectic when they are trying to do this while I have both of them on a split leash. The trick is for me to see the rabbit first so that I am not surprised when they bolt after it.

1-hr workout with the PT.  Plenty of upper-body exercises with weights, resistance bands and machines.

Bert's Fitday Journal

No comments: