Monday, April 25, 2011

Tweaking the weight loss program

Clearly my weight-loss program is not working - yet. After almost a week of 'dieting' I am still pretty much exactly where I was at the start, stuck at 173 lbs. I am going to have to be a lot more diligent with portion sizes for one thing.  A couple or so restaurant meals also bedeviled last week's effots (veggie burger & fries at Beck's, vegan BBQ sandwich & fries at Field of Greens).  It is no mystery what needs to be omitted from those orders.  On the positive side I am not gaining weight, and my exercise/running program is gathering steam.  Did another 5 miles this morning (with 30 minutes in Zone 3) for a total of nearly 15 miles over just three days; the best I've done since before the start of the Africa trip in March.

Tedious as it sometimes can be, I am going to have to start counting calories again.  For steady weight loss my maximum daily calorie count should be around 1800 total (400 for breakfast, 200 for a mid-morning snack, 450 at lunch, 200 for late afternoon snack, 450 at dinner and 100 for a snack one hour before going to bed).  This is based on a program which a nutritionist designed for me last year.  However, by the time I received the program I had already lost the weight I wanted to lose. Hopefully it will do the trick this time!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, I know what you mean about losing weight - it is so hard to get the last bits off. Tedious! But I am glad your running is going well!