Friday, September 24, 2010

On the comeback trail

In baseball, you never talk about a no-hitter for fear of jinxing it, so I don't want to say too much about my left knee improving.  It might be worse by Sunday...  Looking back over my running log ('I Just Ran' on Facebook) I had the first inkling that something was going on with the knee back in April.  Almost  5 months ago.  It takes that long for an overuse type injury like this one to become noticeable, then start to interfere with your running and eventually blossom into a major issue.  Until your mileage drops or you take some other preventative and recuperative steps, and it slowly goes away. 

Recipe of the day from Vegan on the Cheap is Walnut-crusted Tofu with Spinach and Orange.  I just happened to have some Panko crumbs and a small quantity of walnuts left over from a previous recipe, as well as tofu in the fridge, and a couple of large navel oranges.  A quick trip to the neighborhood grocery store to pick up some fresh spinach and we were in business!  I had to splurge a little for some fresh sage leaves - will definitely plant some in a container over the weekend. The only change I made to the recipe was to marinate the tofu in a little bit of Grand Marnier orange liqueur for a few hours.  Oh, and I added some freshly chopped parsley to the crumb mixture.  Just a touch of color... 

No comments: