Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One step forward...

And two steps back.  So far I have done two Crossfit workouts and they have both resulted in injuries; the first one precipitated a really bad case of DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness) to the point where I could not run the Heights 5K last Saturday. Hamstrings just too tender and tight.  And Monday's workout (the rope jumping part of the WOD - which is their acronym for Workout Of the Day) strained my right calf pretty badly, so I won't be able to do a mile trial run tomorrow.  Hopefully these are just 'teething' troubles in a manner of speaking.  I would like to continue on with the Crossfit workouts as they are very challenging and I really think they will benefit me greatly, if I can handle them without any further injuries.

Last night I stupidly went and did the 'hilly Tuesday' run despite having a sore calf.  Of course it just aggravated everything so really limping today.  Nothing today except some foam rolling, Advil and muttering expletives.

Did manage a bit of cooking over the last couple of days:











Edamame and corn salad from Veganomicon

 















Baked banana dessert from 1000 Vegan Recipes

And here are a few pics from my herb 'garden' in the back patio. 

















Basil of course
















Oregano
















Garlic chives; I actually don't use them a lot - but they like the Houston climate...




















And naturally, rosemary!

No comments: