Thursday, December 30, 2010

Holiday cooking - and running...

Still trying out various vegan recipes, most of which turn out pretty well.  A couple which we all liked recently included a black bean burger (from 1000 Vegan Recipes) and a very tasty potato dish with white beans and black olives, from Vegan on the Cheap.  This is what they looked like:

 Black Bean Burger from 1,000 Vegan Recipes

Potatoes with white beans, tomato, olives & lemon from Vegan on the Cheap


On the running front I am thrilled just to be out on the trails again!  My monthly mileage is making a comeback too:  on target for 140 miles in December.  On Tuesday I ran 'fast' for the first time in months - fartleks with a few other Striders up and down Heights Ave (Reagan High School track gate locked).  It was exhilarating to push the pace a little bit and to feel my Vibram-clad feet grip the trail surface and propel me forward.  Nothing like a good 'fast' sprint (my mind is good at bracketing for age) to make you feel 10 years younger!

No comments: