Saturday, February 19, 2011

Buffalo Wallow 6-K Race

The 2011 Buffalo Wallow 6-K cross-country race was run this morning at 0800 (first round for runners over 40) and at 0900 (for the younger runners).  The weather was fairly cool but oppressively humid - so much so that I was sweating heavily even after just warming up for less than a mile. I felt ok during the first two laps - featuring two very steep inclines and one nasty sloping downhill stretch - but by the last time around I had nothing left.  By the very end of barely 4 miles I was exhausted.  Very little sleep for two nights in a row no doubt played a role, but clearly I have a lot of work ahead of me to get back into competitive running shape. Other Striders which did very well included Sabra Harvey, John Yoder, Chris Adams, Alison Stewart and the Schroeder brothers Doug and Steve.

Here are some photographs I took of the second (younger) wave:













































2 comments:

Amy said...

That Texas humidity can be really oppressive! That said, I have to admit I am jealous when I see all your gorgeous pictures with everyone in tank tops or no shirt at all! I have to go to the gym to be able to run in a tank...

Rhea said...

Nice photos! How did you do?