Friday, January 14, 2011

Chewing & losing weight

For the first time in years, I am chewing my food properly. A study which I saw in passing the other day, found that people ate significantly less if they chewed their food for 9 seconds (minimum) rather than the more usual 2 seconds. It takes your body a while to figure out if you are full, so eating MUCH slower (which happens automatically when you chew properly) prevents you from 'accidentally' eating more than you need... Also, chewing your food properly improves the entire digestive process and ultimately your nutrition.

I believe it was Gandhi who once said that one should 'chew your drink and drink your food'. I'm not quite there yet but it is worth thinking about

Down 2 pounds this week from 173 to 171. Additional exercise (twice weekly sessions with personal trainer and twice weekly group sessions doing 'abs express' and 'muscle blaster' workouts), are clearly helping. So is keeping a food diary.

No comments: