I am looking forward to becoming a
On the morning of that day, I will wake up with anticipation riding high in my chest. Donning my best suit and tie, I will leave for the ceremony a South African, which I have been for these last 56 years. Without as much as changing my shirt, I will come home an American, changed forever. I can hardly wait.
Last week’s running
It’s been another great week of running: 41 miles total, first time over 40 miles since several weeks before my ‘boston-marathon-which-never-happened’.
- Very slow 6 miles on Sunday, Terry Hershey Trail along Buffalo Bayou
- 8 miles easy along Terry Hershey Trail on Monday
- 4.5 miles on Tuesday including 2 miles @ pace at
track Memorial High School
- 4.5 miles on Wednesday afternoon in 100F+ in Austin Texas, running along the gravel trail west from
Congress Streetbridge, towards Barton Springs and . Lots of people, lots of dogs, fun! Zilker Park
- 5 miles on the same trail in
, this time early morning on Thursday. Then made it two-a-day with 4 miles in celebration of Steve Shepard’s 30,000 running career milestone. Austin
- Scheduled rest day on Friday
- 9 miles total at average pace, with Steve Shepard in
at 06:30a on Saturday. Very nice run. Cullen Park
I’m excited because one of the neighbor’s kids, a young guy in his 20’s, will be running with me tomorrow morning. He is also training for the Houston Half Marathon in January 2009.